We’re Hiring a Part Qualified Vehicle Technician
Job description: A fantastic and exciting opportunity has recently arisen for a NVQ Level 2 or 3 Vehicle Technician to join Tottington Motor Company, a 40 year established and well respected family run independent used car sales business, MOT testing station and service centre, now based in our purpose built premises in Bury, Great Manchester.
Tottington Motor Company is a family run business, established for over 40 years with the vast majority of our team having been with the business for over 15 years, we have recently re-located to purpose built premises in Bury.
Job Summary: We are looking for a part qualified Technician who is able to service & repair multi franchise vehicles. The ideal candidate will have sound technical knowledge with experience gained in the automotive industry with the willingness to further progress their career as a motor vehicle technician.
As a part qualified Vehicle Technician you will mainly be:
- Carrying out routine servicing & vehicle health checks
- Undertaking various repairs, from minor maintenance to tyre fitting
- Ensuring high standard of work and maximum efficiency
- Completing pre-delivery inspections in accordance with company standards
- Continually review own performance and business practise in order to identify areas for improvement
- Be able to listen to customer needs and communicate technical information in a concise manner if required
- Other adhoc duties as and when required
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL
- Be fully competent in the fitting of TYRES, BRAKES, EXHAUSTS, SERVICING etc.
- Have a pleasant outgoing personality with the ability to talk to customers.
- Be determined and enthusiastic, driven by a desire to succeed in our thriving company.
- Be reliable
THE POSITION OFFERS
- Salary negotiable, depending on experience
- Bonus scheme in place
- 5½ day working week on a rota system
- 28 days holiday per annum.
Applicants should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org